|First Appearance||"Escape from Tomorrow"|
|Last Appearance||"Up Above the World So High"|
Zaius was the highest ranking member of the High Council of Central City in the year 3085. Obviously based on the character from the movies, he filled the same function as his namesake. In fact, he was quite possibly an ancestor of Dr. Zaius in the movies.
He served as a government official, with authority over all the humans in his district. He knew of the potential of humans and would stop at nothing to maintain the status quo. The young chimpanzee Galen became his new assistant, but became a fugitive with two human astronauts, fleeing from Zaius and his enforcer, General Urko, who wished to question the astronauts in order to prevent more following them.
- The shooting script for "Escape from Tomorrow" indicates that Zaius is in his mid-fifties at the time of the Planet of the Apes television series.
- One of Zaius' orangutan predecessors was named Doswa. Zaius kept a bust of Doswa in his home.
- Frank Westmore was responsible for the makeup transformation of Booth Colman, as the actor later recalled: "The full make-up took quite a bit of getting used to. Frank Westmore made me up every morning, and it took three hours. I had to be in his chair at 5 a.m. to be ready on set at 8 a.m., with a very short interval for breakfast, before they had the lower half of my face to deal with."
- Booth Colman wore the same costume worn by Maurice Evans in the role of Dr. Zaius in the first two Apes movies.
- Unfilmed TV Pilot Episodes
- Unfilmed TV Episodes
- Power Records Planet of the Apes "Little LP's", 1974
- Stage Productions
- Planet of the Apes UK Stage Show (played by, among others, Andrew Lord in 1976; voiced by Gareth Preston in 2013)
- Fan-Produced Comics
- ↑ Primate Time Television, by Paul Simpson - 'SFX Magazine' (2001)
- ↑ The Definitive Science Fiction Television Encyclopedia (5th edition)