PLANET OF THE APES
The original film that launched a franchise.
The Reboot Sequel:
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Damn dirty apes, or damn dirty humans? Read about both!
Think you know all the films in the series? You just might be surprised...
|“||Tonight, we have seen the birth of the Planet of the Apes!||”|
|The purpose of this Wiki site is to provide a definitive database on all material relating to the Planet of the Apes franchise, including: The original five-movie pentalogy, the Tim Burton remake, the reboot films, comics, novels, merchandise and more! Feel free to check out our Manual of Style, Policies, Guidelines and F.A.Q., and if you'd like to lend a helping hand, please visit the "Helping Out" section below.|
|If you're new to Wikia, please use the above links to get your feet wet.
If you already have editing experience, and you have an article relating to the Planet of the Apes franchise to contribute, use the box below to create it:
or just to say hi.
A cross-wiki initiative to provide a guide for parents about the age range and content of the subjects covered on the wiki.
|“||It's a fact, Landon. Buy it. You'll sleep better.||”|
On October 19 in the Planet of the Apes universe...
- 1945: Actor John Lithgow is born. Lithgow played the role of Charles Rodman in the 2011 movie Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
- 2002: Director and screenwriter John Meredyth Lucas passes away in Orange County. Lucas directed the Planet of the Apes television episode "Up Above the World So High".
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Official Movie Novelization: written by Alex Irvine.
- Planet of the Apes: Tales from the Forbidden Zone: an anthology of original stories set in the classic POTA universe, edited by Rich Handley and Jim Beard.
- Bright Eyes, Ape City: Examining the Planet of the Apes Mythos: an anthology on the entire history of POTA mythos, edited by Rich Handley and Joseph F. Berenato.
- War for the Planet of the Apes. The up-coming sequel to Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, directed by Matt Reeves.