Actor Mark Wahlberg played the role of Captain Leo Davidson in the 2001 movie Planet of the Apes. He reportedly agreed to the part just five-minutes into a meeting with Tim Burton. Wahlberg was signed as the astronaut in June 2000, for a two-movie deal - presumably a sequel was already being planned by 20th Century Fox.
- His other films include The Departed with Leonardo DiCaprio and Jack Nichoalson in 2006, The Happening by M. Night Syhamalan with John Leguizamo in 2008, and Max Payne with Mila Kunis in 2008.
- In his recent film, he rejoins Kunis in Family Guy, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show creator, Seth MacFarlane's first live-action film Ted, were he plays the role of John Benett who lives lives with his child-hood teddy-bear who came to life after a Christmas whish. MacFarlane portrayed Ted through motion capture which is the same process to how Andy Serkis, Terry Notary, and other actors played their characters in Rise of the Planet of the Apes with visual effects by Weta Digital.
- Mark Wahlberg article at Wikipedia
- Mark Wahlberg filmography at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
- Mark Wahlberg at TriviaTribute.com