|Continuity||Rise of the Planet of the Apes|
| First Appearance: Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Last Appearance: Rise of the Planet of the Apes
- "I can't say I approve... They're not people, you know."
- - John Landon
John Landon ran the San Bruno Primate Shelter where Caesar was incarcerated following his attack on Hunsiker. The apes inside the facility were treated cruelly by his son, Dodge, who worked as a guard there. Landon was handed an envelope full of cash in perhaps hundreds or thousands of dollars by Will Rodman and he permitted Will to take Caesar home. However, Caesar realized that if he left the facility the other apes would continue to be abused by Dodge, so he shut the cage door and refused to come home with Will. This prompted Landon to say that Caesar perhaps preferred to stay with the other apes at the facility rather than go home. Caesar later led an escape from the shelter which resulted in Dodge's death. Landon watched the video from a CCTV camera that recorded the death of his son.
- John Landon's name is taken from John Landon, one of Taylor's astronaut crew-members in the original Planet of the Apes, played by Robert Gunner.
- Listings on the Internet Movie Database (IMDb) prior to the movie's release gave this character's name as 'Hank Landon'.
- Danny DeVito, Michael Douglas & Kevin Dunn auditioned for the role of John.
- It is likely that Landon died from the Simian Flu like most of the other humans.