Ashlar is the planet where the Oberon crash-landed.
One billion years ago, comets bombarded on Ashlar, causing great pain to the dominate lifeform - Great Nest, a species of brachipods controlled by a insectile hive-mind known as the Core. This leaves the planet covered in massive craters that, over time, form mountainous valleys.
There is a valley inhabited by lizards of varying shapes and sizes, from piranha-like water lizards to pterodactyl-esque flying lizards to huge dinosaurs. Sentient lizards rule the valley, using the dinosaurs as pack animals. Other inhabitants on the planet include giant glow worms and beetles which feast on each other in a labyrinth of underground caverns. The beetles immobilize their prey hypnotically, and then suck out their life-force.
- The name of the planet appears in William Broyles' initial script for the film.
- Writers Ian Edginton and Dan Abnett, plan to feature a sentient humanoid race in Dark Horse Planet of the Apes comics past issue 6. They were to be similar to the Mutants from the original franchise.
- ↑ Planet of the Apes: The Fall, chapter 3
- ↑ Planet of the Apes: Colony, chapter 18
- ↑ unpublished Planet of the Apes: Extinction
|Planet of the Apes - The Chronicles of Ashlar|
|Planet of the Apes TB|
|Planet of the Apes (2001)|
|Leo Davidson | Ari | Thade | Attar | Krull | Limbo | Daena|
|Grace Alexander | Aspasia | Bon | Leeta | | Thade's Niece | Tuug | Karl Vasich | Woman in Cart | Zaius | Sandar | Nado | Nova | Pericles | Semos | Birn | Gunnar | Karubi | Tival|
|Ashlar | Calima | Oberon | Derkein|
|Comics, Novels & Magazines|
|The Human War | Planet Of The Apes (2001) Graphic Novel | Planet of the Apes (2001) (Junior Novelisation) | Planet of the Apes (2001) Concept Art & Costume Tests|
|Planet of the Apes (2001 Soundtrack Album)|