See also: Timelines
Planet of the Apes TimelineEdit
|No information available yet. Please add relevant Planet of the Apes story timeline information that corresponds to the year 1998 here.||Add source of information here (preferably an internal or external link)|
- January 5: Actor Hal Baylor passes away. Baylor featured in the Planet of the Apes television series episode "The Deception", as Jasko.
- April: Michael Bay (The Rock, Armaggedon) is named as the director attached to the prospective 'Planet of the Apes' remake.
- James Cameron's film treatment plans are reported to fit in with the continuity of the original Apes movie arc.
- August 8: Screenwriter Arthur Rowe passes away. Rowe wrote an unfilmed story for the Planet of the Apes TV series, titled "Freedom Road".
- September 6th: The documentary Behind the Planet of the Apes, hosted by Roddy McDowall, is released in the United States.
- October 3rd: Actor Roddy McDowall passes away at the age of seventy. McDowall played several pivotal roles in the Planet of the Apes mythos, including those of Cornelius, Caesar and Galen.
- October 8: A&E airs the documentary special, Roddy McDowall: Hollywood's Best Friend.
- October: Lightstorm Entertainment says there is still no script, but that James Cameron still intends to produce and write the project. Peter Hyams (Capricorn One, 2010) is named as the director.
- December: Fox rejects Hyams as director, and James Cameron and Arnold Schwarzenegger end their association with the movie.
- December 29: Director Don Taylor passes away. Taylor directed the 1971 movie Escape from the Planet of the Apes.