See also: Timelines
Planet of the Apes TimelineEdit
|No information available yet. Please add relevant Planet of the Apes story timeline information that corresponds to the year 1996 here.||Add source of information here (preferably an internal or external link)|
- April 25: Screenwriter Robert Hamner passes away. Hamner wrote the Planet of the Apes television episode "The Legacy".
- Wesleyan University Press publishes Planet of the Apes As American Myth: Race, Politics, and Popular Culture by Eric Greene.
- Director James Cameron agrees to executive produce and write the new Planet of the Apes movie. Peter Jackson re-pitches his idea to 20th Century Fox, but turns down making his film with Arnold Schwarzenegger as star and Cameron as producer.
- November 22nd: Actor Mark Lenard passes away in New York City. Lenard played the role of Chief of Security Urko on the 1974 Planet of the Apes TV series.
- December 30: Actor Lew Ayres passes away. Ayres played the role of pacifist orangutan Mandemus in the 1973 movie Battle for the Planet of the Apes.