See also: Timelines
Planet of the Apes TimelineEdit
|No information available yet. Please add relevant Planet of the Apes story timeline information that corresponds to the year 1967 here.||Add source of information here (preferably an internal or external link)|
- April 17: Charlton Heston notes that both Edward G. Robinson (as Zaius) and Julie Harris (as Zira) are likely to be replaced because of their difficulties with the heavy makeup. It has also been suggested that Robinson was actually fired from the production after a disagreement with make-up designer John Chambers. They will be replaced by Maurice Evans and Kim Hunter respectively.
- May 5th: Michael Wilson's script for Planet of the Apes is finished, though further revisions are made during May and June (including some rewrites by an uncredited John T. Kelly). It is only in these final revisions that John Thomas is renamed 'Taylor'.
- June 6: Actor Paul Giamatti is born. Giamatti played the role of Limbo in the 2001 Planet of the Apes movie.
- June 7: Fox's director of publicity James Denton publishes a 'Preliminary Production Information Guide' on the forthcoming motion picture.
- June: Filming moves to the 20th Century Fox ranch in Malibu Creek, Los Angeles, for outdoor scenes.
- July: Indoor shooting at Fox Studios, Los Angeles.
- August 10: Filming is completed for Planet of the Apes at Westward Beach, Zuma Beach and Point Dume, Malibu, Los Angeles.
- October 31: Charlton Heston and others view Planet of the Apes for the first time, though still missing the music score and other visual/audio effects.