See also: Timelines
Planet of the Apes TimelineEdit
|No information available yet. Please add relevant Planet of the Apes story timeline information that corresponds to the year 1963 here.||Add source of information here (preferably an internal or external link)|
- January 8: Printing is completed by publisher 'René Julliard' in Paris, France on the first edition of Pierre Boulle's satirical novel La Planète des singes.
- May 15: Actor Jamie Harris is born. Harris played the role of Rodney in the 2011 movie Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
- June: The first English-language version of Boulle's book is published by 'Vanguard Press' of New York, USA, from a translation by Xan Fielding.
- King Brothers Productions begins development of a movie based on the book, employing Rod Serling to write a script treatment. Serling leaves the project because of the budget suggested by King Brothers.
- Producer Arthur P. Jacobs and British director J. Lee Thompson enter partnership to pitch the concept to movie studios.
- December 24: 20th Century Fox head of production Richard D. Zanuck decides against funding the picture, calculating it would be too expensive. J. Lee Thompson sells his share in the film back to Arthur P. Jacobs.