See also: Timelines
Planet of the Apes TimelineEdit
|TBA||No information available yet. Please add relevant Planet of the Apes story timeline information that corresponds to the year 1923 here.||Add source of information here (preferably an internal or external link)|
- January 11: Actor Wright King is born in Okmulgee, Oklahoma. He will go on to play the role of Doctor Galen in the 1968 film Planet of the Apes.
- March 8: Actor Booth Colman is born. Colman starred as Council Chairman Zaius in the Planet of the Apes TV series in 1974.
- March 31: Actor Donald Elson is born in Chicago. Elson appeared in Escape from the Planet of the Apes playing the role of the Curator.
- April 13: Makeup artist Frank Westmore is born. Westmore worked as a makeup artist on the Planet of the Apes TV series.
- May 1: Director Ralph Senensky is born in Mason City, Iowa. Senensky directed the Planet of the Apes television episode "The Tyrant".
- July 26: Actor Biff Elliot is born. Elliot featured in the Planet of the Apes television series episodes "Escape from Tomorrow", as Ullman, and "The Cure", as an orangutan.
- September 12: Makeup artist and designer John Chambers is born in Chicago, Illinois. Chambers created the revolutionary makeup appliances used in Planet of the Apes and its sequels, for which he won an honorary Academy Award.
- September 26: Screenwriter Arthur Rowe is born in Sandborn, Indiana. Rowe wrote an unfilmed story for the Planet of the Apes TV series, titled "Freedom Road".
- September 28: Actor William Windom is born in New York. Windom played the President of the United States in Escape from the Planet of the Apes.
- November 14: Comic book artist Alberto Giolitti is born in Rome. In December 1970 Gold Key Comics published the first Planet of the Apes comic: Giolitti's adaptation of Beneath the Planet of the Apes.
- November 20: Screenwriter Arthur Browne Jr. is born in Washington D.C. Browne co-wrote the Planet of the Apes television episode "Up Above the World So High".
- December 5: Actor Norman Burton is born. Burton had roles in Planet of the Apes (the first ape seen on-screen), Escape from the Planet of the Apes and the Planet of the Apes TV series.